Saturday, October 16, 2010

I am cross stitcher, hear me roar

Victory! My first cross stitch project has been successfully completed. Some mistakes were made but overall I'm very pleased with how well it turned out considering I've never done it before. I really hope the intended recipients like them even if they're not that exciting. I already ordered my next project (a personalized counted cross stitch stocking for my "son" as I like to think of him). If that goes well, I'll make a set for his parents as well. Every family should have coordinating personalized stockings for Christmas. I have hopes it'll get here today but who knows since USPS apparently doesn't want to actually track my package -.-

And now it's time for some pictures so I can show off my accomplishment.
Monkey and Giraffe hanging out in jungle! I like how the giraffe came out better but that's probably because I did that one after learning from a lot of mistakes. A closer look....


So cute!

Eric and I went to the Ultimate Cocktails, Spirits & Wine Blast in midtown last night. It was so exciting to try all the different liquors and cocktails they had available. My favorite of the night was probably RumChata which is a sort of creamy rum. Absolutely divine with espresso vodka to make a Tiramisu Martini.

Still working on a good makeup post, the world is conspiring against me getting decent pictures of the eyeshadows. It's especially hard to take sunlight pictures being on the 30th floor with no balcony. It also seems like every time I think about doing it the sun is blocked by the office building across from us. Eventually I will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment