Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aromaleigh's 2011 Limited Edition Valentine Collection

Despite all the sadness of Aromaleigh closing before I got a chance to try more of their products, there has been plenty of excitement between the grab bags and the LE Valentine's eyeshadows. The collection itself is called "<3" and contains 8 colors which are both romantic and versatile. I've been able to use these in my more day to day looks but it would be easier to create something more dramatic. The swatches I have don't do the colors justice but hopefully they'll give a better idea of what these colors look like. As usual, these eyeshadows have been swatched dry over Urban Decay's Original Eyeshadow Potion Primer and photographed without flash under a daylight bulb.


The only different between these two pictures is that I titled my hand under the light in an attempt to fully capture the complexity of these colors.


My impressions of the colors are as follows:

Spark of Romance: A lovely bronze but not bronze color. While it is a shimmery color it's not a metallic, it almost reminds me of a light leather. Throws off a nice but not overwhelming sparkle.

loved and lost...: Beautiful warm shimmer purple, perhaps more of a plum shade that also brings to mind chocolate as well.

love's easy tears: Light sparkly green that makes me think of young leaves.

cupid's arrow: Silvery pale pink, it reflects light beautiful with a pink sparkle. It looks like it would be great to build on to create a soft, shimmery, daytime look.

when time stops: Deep blackened plum and mocha, it's a dark shade but complex. It would probably make a beautiful liner or that little bit extra oomph to add drama to a look.

rose colored glasses: It looks like a sheer purple laid on top of a dusky rose color. Provides a nice balance between dramatic and romantic as the color still pops while remaining demure.

starry-eyed: Like taking the purple away from loved and lost, leaving you with a beautiful light shimmering coffee color.

shy blush: Delightful pale pink with a sparkle to give it depth great for softer looks.


I'm still deciding on if I should order backups of any of these colors. For those interested in these colors or the other lovely collections still left for sale they can be found at the Aromaleigh Blog. I may have to lift my moratorium on buying eyeshadow to scoop up a few more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment