Monday, March 14, 2011

They say patience is a virtue

At long last my Lost in Makeupland order finally arrived. I had heard about this company from a post on Lipsticks and Lightsabers so I put together a small order. I'm not going to lie, the fact that there's an eyeshadow called Bioshock would have been enough for me to buy things. Bioshock is one of my favorite games of all time and the eyeshadow is such a lovely shade of green that captures the feel of it excellently. Since I just got the package, I don't have much to say about how anything wears but I am quite excited to try everything, especially the highlighters, out. For the time being I have some swatches and general impressions.

My order was neatly packaged in an organza bag along with a business card and a little slip of paper apologizing for the longer than usual turn around time. Belen actually contacted me before my package arrived apologizing for the delay in turnaround time. It did take about a month for my package to get to the States but I can hardly blame her for that. The communication and customer service were fantastic, I never worried about whether or not I'd receive my order.

I ordered full size eyeshadows in Purrrple and Bioshock along with an assortment of eyeshadow, highlighter, and blush samples. The goal was to try a little bit of everything.


For these swatches I departed from my usual primer and used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. Pictures without flash and a daylight bulb as usual.

I love these colors! I found them all very pigmented and the pixie epoxy really made them pop. I definitely need full sizes of Psychedelic Mushroom and Bruised. I'm excited to try some of Belen's other offerings but I haven't been purchasing brighter colors as much lately. My day to day look is so neutral it's been a slow process branching out.

I also picked up a sample set from the Rock My Look collection. I would say they look darker in person than they photographed. These colors are almost aggressively pigmented and I adore them. They're intense yet wearable. I may have to pick up a full size set of these since I can't choose a favorite.

Onto highlighters and blushes! The highlighters were a bit stubborn to photograph. Over the next few days I'm hoping to try out Faerie, English Rose, and Glow to find our which one is my favorite but right now I'm gravitating towards Faerie. Whipped and Snow you'll actually find in the eyeshadow section but I anticipate these will become my new go-tos for highlighting the brow bone or adding a little light to the inside corner of my eye. While they may look similar, Whipped is a creamier shade while Snow is a bright white.

When I ordered there were only three blushes available but now it seems Belen has released more shades that look just as exciting. Enough is a darker pink but both seem to be very buildable. Shy is absolutely beautiful, I love the soft shimmery pink....we'll just have to see how it looks on me.


Overall, I would rate Lost in Makeupland highly and I will definitely be shopping there again. The only real complaint I have is the shipping time but that's just one of the dangers of shipping internationally. That said, Belen's shipping rates are so low I don't even mind if every order will take a month to get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment